Submitted by Volly Nelson
From The Comfort Food Cookbook by Robyn Webb
A tip from the author: You can serve these meatballs with whole grain pasta or brown rice and a side of sautéed broccoli or carrots.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup grated onions
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon parsley (finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use olive oil to lightly oil an 8×8-inch square baking dish.
3. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all of the remaining ingredients, except for the Parmesan cheese.
4. To form the meatballs, pull a handful (about 1/2 cup) of the turkey mixture and toss back and forth in your hands to form a ball. The ball should form rather easily.
5. Once the meatballs are formed, place them in the baking dish.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Remove meatballs from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serves 6; Serving Size = 2 meatballs
160 Calories, 5 g Carbohydrate, 17 g Protein, 8 g Total Fat, 2.0 g Saturated Fat, 0.1 g Trans Fat, 95 mg Cholesterol, 260 mg Sodium